You can also translate web pages - just select the URL option and enter the address of the page to be translated.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Having problems? Try breaking the text into smaller pieces and do a little at a time.
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality translations, you will need a professional translation company.
There are approximately 100 million native speakers, mainly throughout Europe. This is an official language in many countries, including Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
It is not easy to learn for English speakers due to having three grammatical genders, four noun case endings and pronunciation that works the muscles of the mouth harder than most people are accustomed to. There are similarities with other languages which may make learning easier and the logical grammar will also help.
The origin is Western Germanic from the Indo-European family. Many words are derived from Latin and Greek.
The written form is based on the Latin alphabet, with three vowels having umlauts.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 by Translation-Guide.com