You can also translate web pages - just select the URL option and enter the address of the page to be translated.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Having problems? Try breaking the text into smaller pieces and do a little at a time.
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality translations, you will need a professional translation company.
The people of Wales speak what is thought to be the oldest language in Britain, and could be as much as 4000 years old.
The Celtic languages are a member of the Indo-European group, and were used across Europe before the Roman Empire. Arriving in Britain approximately 600BC this developed to Brythonic, and then finally to Cymraeg as it is known in the native tongue.
In 1990 it became a compulsory subject in local schools, and this has resulted in something of a revival as there are now over half a million speakers in the country, and that number rises every year.
Copyright © 1999 - 2015 by Translation-Guide.com