You can also translate web pages - just select the URL option and enter the address of the page to be translated.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Having problems? Try breaking the text into smaller pieces and do a little at a time.
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality translations, you will need a professional translation company.
There are approximately 5 million native speakers, mostly in Finland but also in a variety of other countries including Sweden.
It is classified as being within the Uralic family, and more specifically the Finnic group which also includes Estonian.
The first writings are thought to be by a bishop named Mikael Agricola in the 16th century, and the written form was primarily used only in religious contexts for a long time.
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 by Translation-Guide.com