You can also translate web pages - just select the URL option and enter the address of the page to be translated.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Having problems? Try breaking the text into smaller pieces and do a little at a time.
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality translations, you will need a professional translation company.
Around 15 million native speakers in the Netherlands, and factoring in other locations like Belgium, Suriname and the US brings the total to over twenty two million worldwide. Being spoken by so many people in many places makes this a popular choice to have as a second language.
It is Western Germanic, and so is closely related to English, German and Afrikaans. It also has links to Northern Germanic languages such as Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.
The name comes from the middle ages where it was known as "Dietsc" or "Duutsc", meaning "language of the people".
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 by Translation-Guide.com