You can also translate web pages - just select the URL option and enter the address of the page to be translated.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Having problems? Try breaking the text into smaller pieces and do a little at a time.
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality translations, you will need a professional translation company.
Croatian (Hrvatski) is an official language of the European Union, and is mainly spoken in Croatia, Bosnia, Herzegovina and some Serbian provinces. The total number of speakers is thought to be over six million worldwide.
As for history, the roots lie in Western Slavic, which was bought to the region when the Slav people migrated from Old Poland in the 6th Century AD. The written form is thought to originate in the 9th century when it was used for religious writings, and the earliest literary text is approximately 12th Century. It is not until relatively recently that the Latin script was used.
Copyright © 1999 - 2023 by Translation-Guide.com