Simply select the language pair and enter your text. You can also translate web pages by selecting the URL option.
Is an online translation the best solution? Read the guides to find out!
Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
- Reduce ambiguities. Computers don't understand context so often make mistakes if a word has multiple meanings or is slang.
- Use short sentences. Limit to one idea per sentence if possible.
- Be specific. Try replacing words like it and that with the thing you are talking about. "I stepped on it" would become, "I stepped on the mat".
- Spelling and grammar are important. Always run your text through a spell checker before translating it.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Say cannot rather than can't and it is rather than it's.
Please be aware that even the best machine translation software can only give a rough approximation.
For high quality results, you will need a professional translation company.
Approximately one out of every five people on this planet speaks some form of Chinese. The most common version is Mandarin with over 800 million speakers, and the next most popular are Cantonese and Hokkien.
The language is possibly several thousand years old. We have works such as the Book of Songs that is thought to have been written in about 1000 BC, and there are older archaeological records dating back to the Shang dynasty over 3000 years ago.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 by Translation-Guide.com